CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE: At least 19 people were wounded in shootings on the South and Southwest Sides from Thursday evening through early Friday.
Eight people were wounded in the most violent of the shooting of the night, a drive-by that occurred about 9:13 p.m. near the intersection of 79th Street and Kingston Avenue in the South Shore neighborhood, police said.
Seven males were shot, ranging in age from 14 to 28, and a 19-year-old woman also was wounded in the shooting, police said. The 28-year-old was listed in critical condition, but police said none of the wounded suffered life-threatening injuries.
At least 11 others were wounded in shootings on the South and Southwest Sides between 5:15 p.m. Thursday and 1:45 a.m. Friday.
Police have made no arrests in the shootings, which were being investigated by area detectives.
- 13 shot in 30 minutes in rising Chicago violence (usnews.com)
- 19 hurt in 7 overnight shootings in Chicago (usnews.nbcnews.com)
- San Jose: Shooting victim, believed to be 18, is the city’s 33rd homicide of 2012 (mercurynews.com)
- 1 Dead, 5 Wounded In Shootings Over Just 1 Hour (chicago.cbslocal.com)
- Six wounded in five separate shootings in St. Louis (stltoday.com)