Think about how wild this is: scientists have identified a parasite that can make someone suicidal. Without psychologically influencing someone, humans can make other humans want to hurt themselves. Let me say it one more time; we can increase the likelihood of suicide attempts in certain individuals merely by exposing them to a parasite. This is an utterly overwhelming concept to me.
- Study links parasite in cats to suicide risk in humans – The Seattle Times (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- What If We Eradicated All Infectious Disease? (livescience.com)
- China: Infectious diseases kill 1,575 in May (crofsblogs.typepad.com)
- Parasite tied to self-harm, suicide attempts (investmentwatchblog.com)
- Infectious Diseases Expert Sheds Light on the Influenza Vaccine in a New Medical Thriller by Tim Kuberski, MD (prweb.com)